ASTM D1037 Internal Bond Test Fiberboard and Wood Adhesives
In principle, the test involves bonding specimen blocks to the top and bottom surfaces of the test specimen with a suitable adhesive. The upper loading fixture should be self-aligning, and the specimen blocks should be 2-inch square by 1-inch in thickness and made from steel or aluminum alloy. The loading fixtures, which grip the specimen blocks, are attached to the test machine and tension is applied perpendicular to specimen surface until the specimen fails. The only calculation required is for the tensile strength. The 3300 table top model is recommended for this testing along with the tensile testing blocks.
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Performing a tensile test according to the specifications of the standard
- Ensuring only axial loading
- Recording the required amount of data points to capture the delamination of the adhesive
- Performing a tensile test according to the specifications of the standard- Instron Custom Solutions Group engineers have designed a tension fixture to adhere to the stringent requirements of the tensile blocks as stated in ASTM D1037
- Ensuring axial loading-The tensile blocks are attached to the frame using flexible couplings to ensure that only axial loading is being applied to the wood composite specimen
- Recording the required amount of data points- Bluehill® Universal allows the user to adjust the data sampling rate of the software, up to 2.5 kHz in order to capture the most data points
It is important to review ASTM D1037 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
2820-061 Internal Bond Fixture for Wood
- 125.0 KB
Bluehill Universal 基于优化触控操作而开发。全新的纵向布局，专业的视觉设计，直观的工作区视图，配以色彩鲜明的大尺寸触控面板加以呈现。Bluehill Universal 的大尺寸触控点和连贯的操作步骤让用户获得更便捷，更智能的操作体验。易于理解的图标和工作步骤，简单的专业培训，即可让您快速开始试验。
- 4.6 MB
- 2.3 MB
- 1.9 MB