EN 1719 Loop Tack of Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
BS EN 1719 determines the “loop tack” measurement for coated pressure-sensitive adhesives. Adhesive strips are formed into a loop and gripped together. The adhesive loop is brought down into contact with a flat rigid plate at a rate of 5 mm/s. When the loop contacts the plate over approximately 25 mm by 25 mm, the adhesive loop is pulled upwards at a rate of 5 mm/s and the maximum force to fully separate the loop from the plate is recorded.The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Reporting calculations in compliance with the standard
- Data rate used to capture the maximum peak
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test
- Reporting calculations in compliance with the standard – Bluehill® Universal comes with pre-configured test methods and supporting documentation to ensure that you are testing according to BS EN 1719.
- Data rate used to capture the maximum peak – Instron’s 5900 series frames enable data capture of up to 2.5 kHz to ensure that all fast changing test events are captured. Too low of a bandwidth may “dull” the system and lead to a missed peak, resulting in lower loop tack values.
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test – The pneumatic and advanced screw action grips employ a patented “quick-change” jaw face design which enables operators to easily change jaw faces to accommodate the needs of their materials.
It is important to review BS EN 1719:1999 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
- 2.3 MB
Instron® 2712-04x Series Pneumatic grips, packed with features to enhance gripping performance, usability, and operator safety.
- 1.1 MB
Screw side-action grips provide a very simple and efficient method for holding test specimens in a wide range of applications. The dual - acting design of 2710-100 series grips means that jaw faces can be adjusted to accommodate different specimen thicknesses. This ensures that the line of tensile force remains concentric with the grip body. They can be equipped with a selection of interchangeable grip jaw faces in various sizes and choice of surfaces including smooth ground, rubber-coated and serrated. Line contact and special coated faces are also available.The unique ‘snap-on’ jaw face attachment makes changing faces extremely quick and simple.
- 1.3 MB